Friday, November 20, 2009

Sounds Imported! 11/15: Greece

This past sunday I played a bunch of awesome music from Greece. I don't have the exact playlist, but some of the CD's I played music from were:





You can check out some of that here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zwywmwm3j2n

I also played some awesome tracks from a 1972 National Geographic vinyl record called simply "The Music of Greece" which you can check out here.


In addition to that I played some tracks from vinyl from 1968 called "Bouzoukee: The Music of Greece" led by Bouzoukee player Iordanis Tsomidis , Speros Kapos on baklama, George Karathanasis on accordion, Alex Panos on Guitar, Haralambas Papafogos and a bass player named James Bond! Check it!


Well that's about all the World Music I can handle for now. Be sure to check out my show streaming live this sunday from 6:30-8PM  on 90.5FM in Miami,  wvum.org and right here.
DIG!
-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment